Courgette and Pancetta Summer Pasta
It is far too hot to cook at the moment. Even I have been finding it very hard to motivate myself. I have been seeking out really simple recipes that don’t require too long in the kitchen as weather like this should be enjoyed to its best extent, in a beer garden. Pasta is always the best simple dinner option, perfect for soaking up any inadvertent after-work drinks.
This dish is a sort of twist on a carbonara. It is a great lighter alternative, perfect for anyone working on a bikini body as I have avoided the cream element. A much more interesting alternative to pasta and pesto but still really quick to make and requires very few ingredients. Hope you enjoy it, I am off back outside to frolic in the sunshine!
Courgette Almost Carbonara (Serves two)
- One green and one yellow (if you can find it) courgette
- One packet of cubed pancetta
- Two egg yolks
- 50g of grated parmesan
- 250g of pasta
- a bunch of basil leaves
How to make it..
- Boil the kettle and get the past on the go. Meanwhile slice the courgette in pieces the same size and shaper as the pasta you have, I think penne is the best but use whatever you have got.
- In another pan, fry the pancetta until almost crisp then add the courgette pieces, fry them in two god if you have a lot. Leave to one side.
- Separate the eggs and put the yolks into the serving bowl along with most of the grated cheese and some salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it, leaving a couple of spoonfuls of starchy pasta water to add to the sauce.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, courgette and pancetta with the egg and add some pasta water until the sauce is the correct consistency.
- Tear over the basil leaves, add the final bit of grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Cost Rating ** I used: 2 courgettes costing 30p, 1 pack of pancetta costing £1, 1/3 of a box of eggs costing £1.25, 1/3 of a pack of parmesan costing £2.60, 1/2 a bag oaf pasta costing 95p, 1/2 a pack of basil costing 80p. Total cost: £3.75, this is £1.88 per head.
Washing up rating ** I used: A knife, a chopping board, a frying pan, a pan, a wooden spoon, a serving bowl, bowls and cutlery to eat with.
Pingback: geel-groene courgettepasta | gerechtenweb